.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

11.11.2005

I was doing looking through Postsecret, seeing what was up this week, when I came across this posting.
It really terrified me for some reason. I mean, the website in itself is scary enough, but that's always outweighed by the minor voyeuristic thrill that you get from being on the site itself. This, however, hit far too close to home. Not in the sense that I was suicidal while figuring out my application here, but at the same time, it's always scary to see it be this close to what is mine.

And now that i've said nothing much, I have to run to go meet sabine. But think on this.

2 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, November 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though my considered opinion would probably be some sort of political statement on modern life, my gut response was to giggle. Go natural selection!

 
At 5:38 PM, November 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh come on! have some compassion. thoughts of suicide are never to be taken lightly. they may be made in jest, but you never know when someone really is close to the edge. you just don't know.

I've been there once or twice and it really seemed like a fever that had taken hold of my mind. I mean to say that it's physiological, not intellectual, and in comparison, intellect is seen as a luxurious gift, not to be thrown about so carelessly.

And by the way, I turned down Harvard's offer because in my case the students at the other school I visited were much friendlier. I certainly don't mean that in general, as an insult to Harvard. I mean to say that for me feeling trumps accomplishment in life decisions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home