.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

11.03.2005

Mommy?

I just complimented a complete stranger on the absolute adorability of their child. Admittedly, it was a darling little girl, with fat cheeks and a little rosebud mouth made for slobbery kisses (in a non-pedophilic way. You know what I mean) all trussed up in a red and yellow hat and a big big scarf, but where have these maternal urges come from, all of a sudden? I'm beaming at babies, and cooing over children's clothing, and... it somehow just doesn't compute. I'm supposed to be all hard and cool, staying away from children because they'll bespoil my carefully planned ensembles. Nannies are my byword. Children? Cute, but... you know.

Had I been left alone with that little girl, there would have been an extremely high chance of my eating her cheeks, they were that scrumptiously plump. Ahhh... babies.

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, November 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merely natural hormonal fluctuations; no cause to worry. My own Devious Double's standard association in response to children is vivisection, but even she gets maternal moments. They are, however, rather scarier than I imagine yours to be.

 
At 7:09 AM, January 25, 2012, Anonymous Phillip said...

I found a great deal of helpful info here!
computer learning | wedding catering ideas | florist austin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home