.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

5.26.2005

Hic.

I have a rather unpleasant case of the hiccups, so this post is going to be short, as having the hiccups always makes me feel horrid and rather vomity. However, this is perhaps my last chance at a computer before heading off to Russia. However, the hiccups i am hiccuping are nasty enough to make me think that I should say perhaps not to the whole idea.

Anyway, what I really wanted to post about was the fact that I saw Star Wars on opening night. Unfortunately, however, it was opening night in Korea, which meant that not only was the theater not packed, but also nobody was dressed up. Also, it was about a week after the reast of the world, but we're going to ignore that small fact. The audience also didn't really seem to appreciate me and my stepmother's commentary or inappropriate laughter, however it truly did seem a necessary element. What do you do with an MST3K-worthy movie (yes, i'm a nerd. but it's charming.) but comment on it in the proper manner? It seems impossible to do anything else.

The movie itself was ok, though I had a strong suspicion that all the money they spent on special effects killed any budget tehy might have had for a script writer or, say, an acting coach, particularly for Hayden "I'm so wooden I can make Pinocchiolook like a Real Boy just by shaking my disturbingly greasy mullet" Christensen. He is plainly a devotee of the school of Scowls, though-- his entire descent into the Dark Side just looks like one asinine teeneage sulkfest. Over his wife, mind you. gah.

Anyway,, i'm sorry to truncate, but, alas, I'm off to Russia in a few hours, so I should take a bit of sleep.

A hiccupless snight to all.

-A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home