.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

3.23.2005

you know i'm in a slightly pissy mood when i start making derogatory comments in Italy's defence.

There are many things today that are irking me. Not angering me, no, but irking me. Tiny little pinpricks of rage. Perhaps if I build up enough of them I'll scream "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." (if you had to click on that that makes me sad, a little bit. Prolly just because it proves what a huge dork I am underneath the thin veneer of snide cynicism.)

But yes, here are some things that are vexing me today.

  • Someone just walked by and drummed their hand along the top of my cube, thus scaring me into pretending to be doing work, without actually having any intention of conversing with me.
  • My back itches in the most uncomfortable, inaccessible way possible. And the more I think of it, the more imaginary itches I develop. Like on my shoulder. And my ankle. Which is encased in my boot.
  • I was overcharged for lunch. Only by about 25 cents, but it's still angering.
  • Ooh there someone goes drumming on the damn cube again.
  • I need a nap really badly. I've started getting cranky if I don't get my 8 hours. This bodes badly for next year.
  • Today, my hair has decided that it either belongs to a failed 80s pop star-- uber volume!-- or alternately a nun (ie. flattened by the wimple-- is that even what they call the thing they stick on their heads? Apologies to the devout/learned among us.) and so is driving me mad with its flirtations with gravity. I literally managed to get my bangs to stick up straight. And my hair is clean.
  • I have about 95843759843759 runs in my stockings. This actually does anger me. Bloody ill-made American stockings. Ugh.

But on the plus side, Harry Hutton is showing us all how to make and enjoy a good cup of espresso. Please ignore derogatory comments towards Italians. He is a foreigner, and he just wouldn't understand our greatness. You know that everyone loves us. Just sit back and enjoy the fact that we're all infinitely cooler than you. As well as slimmer, despite our good food.

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, March 24, 2005, Blogger smokemouth said...

Aren't those things the nuns wear called 'habits?' Or maybe that's the whole get-up.

Also, please title your debut rap album 'Handz Off My Cube.'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home