.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

3.23.2005

Musings...

On average, people in Ireland have been nicer than the people in England about me ringing them to ask for their address information. People in Scotland vary, but there tends to be a greater percentage of deaf grannies answering the phone.

Not to vastly generalise or anything.

On another, slightly dorky, note, turns out that I, Claudius is a darn good book. I've seen parts of the BBC version, particularly the Caligula section with the eternally lovely (even when in an atrocious wig with strange jaundice-y makeup) John Hurt, and had been meaning to get around to reading the book itself, which I finally am doing, interspersed with The Gift (still good, still reading it), and Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the world (bloody fabulous, as is all Murakami... love him). But yes. I am only a couple of chapters into I, Claudius, due to work busyness and rapage by the Russian language, but it's awesome. I look forward to my next T ride.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, March 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very excited to have the BBC version coming via Netflix to my humble abode.

CAPS

thestencil.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home