.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

3.16.2005

surprise picture

107_0748
107_0748,
originally uploaded by Alex2552xelA.
So... to feed my vanity/my boredom yet more, I am posting the picture that my fair "husband", Master Calum, took of me one night while I was otherwise distracted. Distracted doing what, I do not know. Nothing sketchy though. It was a fun night, I remember vaguely. I had gotten quietly pimped out and gone to Sabine's to hang out and read. I got a call from a rushed-sounding Nathan, inviting me to the Christmas party at the Phoenix, one of Harvard's finals clubs (Harvard doesn't really have frats. Instead, it has what it calls Finals Clubs, which are non-school associated clubs, which are very exclusive and very expensive to be in. They have beautiful houses, and can be a lot of fun. At times. Guys generally can't get in to the actual building, unless they're actually in the club or friends with a lot of the members. Girls can, if they're cute. But they can only go on the first floor. Each club has its own personality. There are the Fox, the Owl, the Phoenix, the Fly, the Porcellian, the AD, and the Spee that I can think of, though I'm sure there must be another. I used to care about going to their parties, but now that I've mainly stopped drinking I'm not so keen. But we'll see next year, when I'm back in school.)

Anyway.

So Nathan comes to pick me up, takes a look at what I'm wearing (pointy black heels, Rock and Republics, black wifebeater, raspberry coloured cardigan, lots of pearls... I looked cute!) and announces it's a formal party. I steal some of Leticia's clothes (ahhh the joys of stealing from the ex-roommate... you already know how everything will fit.) and head on out.

It's an ok party... people are trashed-ish by the time we get there, and noone that I really know is there, which kind of sucks. They're playing really good dance music, and I want to dance, but it's awkward, because it's Nathan. And it's a club, and noone else is dancing. So I drink. And text message. And drink. And then finally Nathan goes elsewhere for a bit, and I'm stuck there so I message him pleading work and go see Cal. Amusing how they're roommates, so I would have been BUSTED had Nathan decided to sleep at home rather than at school (kid has an apartment at the Ritz Carlton. !!) But no. So I went over to Cal's (you have to love the change of times in my verbs in this story) and we have a couple more drinks and reminisce about things like the old fogeys we are, aged all of 19 and 20, and it's fun. In the midst of it all, Cal starts taking pictures of me and us, and here is one of the best.

pretty pretty. whee!

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, March 16, 2005, Blogger Katie said...

You look so pretty! Can I borrow your wifebeater?

 
At 2:34 PM, March 16, 2005, Blogger Alex said...

Anytime :-) I think I actually own the world supply of wifebeaters (must be my Italian side) so you are welcome to peruse at will. And thank you!

 
At 1:31 PM, April 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, the Final Clubs are seats of reactionary scum who ought to be purged from the face of the earth. Attending their functions for any purpuse other than to release sarin is utterly unacceptable and you should discontinue the habit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home