.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

9.01.2005

Milan is quite a glorious city and yesterday was quite a glorious day. After a night of tea-past-midnight - induced insomnia, Anya and I crawled out of our beds and went about exploring the city. First stop was the church that houses The Last Supper, but as you ordinarily have to call for tickets and timeslots to go see it a couple days in advance, we had little hope of getting in. Fortunately, however, the ticket booth was manned by a good ol' Italian guy, and after taking a look at our eager young (female) faces, he managed to fit us in right then. I love Italy.
The painting itself was absolutely absolutely phenomenal. Leonardo continually manages to blow me away whenever I have the fortune of seeing one of his works. What an utterly amazing artist. I would highly recommend going to see it if you ever find yourself in this city.
Culture aside, there was walking, and then shopping, and then more walking, punctuated by various cappuccinos and espressos at whatever charming bars we happened to pass. Underwear was bought, though sadly the La Perla bra to which I have given my heart was 117 euros, and so will have to wait until I find me a rich lover who wants to outfit me in beautiful beautiful beautiful lingerie. We also went to Alexander McQueen, among other places, where I wanted to weep at the beauty of the cuts of the clothing. Perhaps said rich lover could also be tailor lover. Ach. Beautiful clothing. Waaaah.

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Liza said...

La Perla bras ... mmmmmm ... how can I maneouvre Ed into this someday ...? Heh heh heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home