.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

8.22.2005

Helsinki Airport

I'm laying over in Helsinki for four hours-- not enough time to go into town, but just enough time to become very uncomfortably aware of the fact that I have not brought enough books for the flight, really. So overpriced internet cafe it is. This proposition becomes slightly more exciting when you factor in the fact that my stepfather arbitrarily went mad and had our poor, pathetic dial-up disconnected at home, so I'll be stuck trawling Turin for places to check my email. Home without seven hour stretches on the net, drool slowly puddling on the desk in front of me as my spine curves ever further forward and my eyes cross? An obscene proposition!

I shall find a way, however. My mom has stolen wireless in her apartment in Milan, and since I´ll hopefully be going there with Anya once she comes down from Germany to visit me, I shall be able to be in touch with the world. Crazy thought.

So yes, regardless of all this, There is also the fact that... I'm now out of Russia. I don't know what to think yet. Too much processing to do before definitive opinions can be announced. I had a marvellous, almost surreal time. I met some amazing people. I figured out a lot of stuff. I just need to stop and think about it for a second.

On that note, my flight is boarding. More in a while.

PS: the Finnish word for elevator is Hissi. I love this language. I also just saw an eighty year old woman in pointy red shoes. I want to be like that when I´m that age.

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, August 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, am quite sure I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home