.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

8.10.2006

We were talking about the news in one of my Russian classes (mysteriously named SMI-- I'm truly not sure what that stands for. It doesn't seem to differ in any significant way from other classes.) and the tedious Finnish missionary (he's learning Russian so he can go convert people or something like that. I wasn't able to quite make anything out through the thick Finnish accent.) said, with true surprise on his face: "You know, in Finland, Russia's in the news all the time. If anything significant happens here, we immediately know about it. Strangely, though, I've never seen anything about Finland in the news here!"

I didn't have the heart to laugh.

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, August 11, 2006, Blogger kenju said...

I would have laughed in spite of myself. How could you not?

Enjoy your time away from the boyfriend. I love what you said about eating chocolate, hair in a ponytail and wearing granny panties. They are comfortable, aren't they??!!

Michele sent me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home