.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

5.01.2005

But she breaks just like a little girl...

Informal poll question to all two of my readers--

Does anyone know of a female that has not heard the song "Just Like a Woman" and decided it was completely and utterly hers, and nodded along knowingly to the verses, occasionally getting a faraway look in her eye?

Particularly if the listening occurred shortly after doing something stupid?

I thought it was just me, but no, I keep finding more and more girls with that self-same soulful look in their eyes as they realise that they too are vulnerable behind the strong front they put up.

That and "Lay Lady Lay". I hate to admit it, but I stumbled across a reference to this in a book, and was angered to find that I was not the only girl who got a glimmer of an unknown something on swaying to the lyrics in their bedroom, aged 11 and slightly awkward.

I don't know why this is a Dylan day, I really don't.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, May 08, 2005, Blogger Andy said...

Subterranean Homesick Blues. Now that's a song! But I've never swayed wistfully to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home