.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hypersynaesthesia

the colours in your head

4.26.2005

A bedtime story.

I got cornered in the kitchen area by some of the truly scary software people who work here. I was trying to get to the capuccino machine to satisfy my need for caffeination, pretentious-style, but they were firmly ensconced in front of the machine and the fridge, respectively, yammering away.

"Geek."

"Geek geek geek?"

"Geeeeeek. Geek geek geekity geek."

"Geek!"

Then I finally got fed up and made some sort of meek "give me caffeine or I will die" noise. Their heads turned towards me and there was an intake of breath as they tried to identify me. All synchronised, somehow. Recognition failed, and so they quickly scuttled out of the kitchen, as I heard over their shoulder-

"Geek gee-"
"Girl?"

Turned around again. In concert, bald spots and stained shirts nicely coordinating, with constipated looks on their faces as they carefully ascertained that yes, I do appear to posses a set of ovaries, and no, I am not inflatable.

Without saying one word to me. Just standing and staring as I made my coffee. The second I was done, they scurried back into their cubicles as fast as their little legs could carry them.

I have never felt so weirded out by just a look.

THE END

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, April 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make them your coffee slaves! ;D

This entry was throughoughly entertaining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home